by Todd Walker
When do you know when to raise the bar on Doing the Stuff?
Maybe you have a gut feeling. Or, by paying attention, you begin to realize that a rain barrel system may one day be more important for your family than the designer outfit at your local mall. Or you wake up to the fact that there’s a disconnect between all the fun and interesting preparedness articles online and actually Doing the Stuff. Or your I’ll-get-around-to-it got up and left.
Whatever the reason for not raising our personal bar on preparedness (I’m guilty too), let this short post serve as a friendly reminder/challenge to lift the bar up a notch.
What we value is defined by the action we take to obtain and keep stuff. If you value your relationships, you’ll act to spend time and energy to ensure they thrive. If you value money, you’ll act to earn and keep money. If you value being prepared, you’ll act and start Doing the Stuff!
If we stop raising the bar on our preps, do we really value prepping and self-sufficiency?
Here’s the thing…
We’re all caught up in the busy life. Doing the Stuff of preparedness sometimes gets pushed to the side by what others say we should value. That’s why it’s so important to re-focus our actions. Remember – our actions determine our values.
What do you value?
In other words, what actions are you taking to build resilience and preparedness?
Drop us a line in the comments if you’d like to share how you’re Doing the Stuff!
Also, If you’re a preparedness blogger and would like to join our blog hop, check out the details below.
Keep doing the stuff!
Copyright Information: Content on this site (unless the work of a third-party) may be shared freely in digital form, in part or whole, with a link back to this site crediting the author. If you are interested a third-party article, please contact the author directly for republishing information.
Be Prepared Blog Hop #7
Now it’s your turn to share your best posts with us. To submit an article, scroll to the bottom of the post and click on the Linky Tool that reads “Click here.” Be sure to link back to this blog hop in the post you submit.
Welcome to the Be Prepared Blog Hop!
Share with us your best posts on all things preparedness.
- Link up to 3 posts and if you want to share some from your archives, that’s great, too.
- Each week, one host will choose The Host’s Favorite Post, which then will be shared by all the hosts via the social media channel of their choice—Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, or all of the above. (Please Note: Linking up to this blog hop grants us permission to publish your post and/or photos on our blogs or social media channels as well as send you email notification of future blog hops.)
- Don’t forget to link back to the hop (on any host’s blog) with a simple text link or grab our button below. Posts that aren’t linked back to the hop won’t be eligible for sharing.
- Lastly, check out a few of the links others have shared before you.
We can’t wait to see what great things you have to share with us!
Your Be Prepared Blog Hop Hosts:
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
- 33 Awesome DiY Projects for Preppers (survivalsherpa.wordpress.com)