by Todd Walker
Kill procrastination now! Here are 13 preps you can get done in 120 seconds or less.
- Jot it down. Write down as many ideas as possible in two minutes. No rules. Just get your idea machine running.
- Duct tape it. Wrap duct tape around an old store card and place it in your wallet. Now you’ve got an excellent survival tool with you wherever you go.
- Give me 20! Hit the floor and do as many push ups (with correct form) as you can in 2 minutes. If you can’t do a single push up properly, do a modified version on your knees and build up to the real thing. Push ups are my favorite form of exercise for convenience.
- Stash cash. Sock away a $5, $10, or $20 dollar bill in your glove box or other hidey-hole in your vehicle. Do this as often as possible until you have a nice cache of emergency cash.
- Take care of your feet. Throw a comfortable pair of shoes or boots (and socks) in your car or truck in case of a break down and you have to get home the primal way – hoofing it. Penny loafers and high heels might get you there but won’t be comfortable.
- Top off your tank. Get in the habit of filling up your vehicle when it hits the half-full mark. Better to not roll the dice and have enough fuel to get where you’re going.
- Replace your batteries. Yep, don’t forget to change out the batteries in your home fire alarm(s) – if they’re battery operated. Okay, two minutes per alarm. Here’s a DIY battery storage unit I built and use.
- Map it. Take two minutes to outline your route for weekend yard sales. Saves gas and time.
- Turn. Off. The. TV. In 120 seconds or less you can decide to stop the misinformation overload and break your mainstream news habit. Read one page of that book you’ve been putting off. It might turn into two chapters before you can stop.
- Meditate. I’ve never done a lot of meditation. But I’m seeing the value of being quite and staring at my navel for a few minutes a day. 120 seconds is about all I’ve built up to so far.
- Don’t leave home without it. A bandana that is. There lightweight and extremely useful!
- Sneak up on someone. Write a quick text to one person just to encourage them. This ties into doing Random Acts of Prepping – which may take a little longer, but worth the effort!
- Pay it forward. Please share this list if it added value to your busy life.
Can you spare 120 seconds or less? If so, add some value in the comment section!
Keep Doing the Stuff of Self-Reliance,
P.P.S – If you find value in our blog, Dirt Road Girl and I would appreciate your vote on Top Prepper Sites! You can vote daily by clicking here or on the image below. Check out all the other value-adding sites while you’re there…
Thanks for Sharing the Stuff!
Copyright: Content on this site (unless the work of a third-party) may be shared freely in digital form, in part or whole, for non-commercial use with a link back to this site crediting the author. All links in articles must remain intact as originally posted in order to be republished. If you are interested a third-party article, please contact the author directly for republishing information.
- Prepping Partners: How to Increase Your Survival Rate Exponentially (survivalsherpa.wordpress.com)