by Todd Walker
It’s been one year since I started this blog in an ocean full of preparedness blogs. I’m just one little fish. For every site that promotes preparedness, offers original content, and practical prepping advice deserves a hat tip. Even more than a hat tip, a big fat thank you.
On a personal level, this year was the most challenging for my family. Through all the dark times we’ve continued to grow and build resilience in our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual life. We want to thank each of you who have offered words of support, prayers, and encouragement! and have become a part of the Sherpa family.
Though Dirt Road Girl and I haven’t met you face to face, we feel very connected to our online family and friends.
In April 2012, we saw a whopping 37 visitors. Not in a day, but the entire month. Last month we had 36,478 visits. Our best month so far. After 314 posts, 177,624 visitors, and a lot of hard work, we’re stoked about the coming year.
This may not seem like much to the big boys of the bloggersphere, but we’re thankful, and humbled!
We’ve found a whole community of very helpful and knowledgeable people this year. Some have contributed articles, many have become regulars in the comment section, and others quietly offering advice privately.
To celebrate, we’re sharing 10 of the top blog posts here on Survival Sherpa. Whether you just discovered us or have been with us the whole year, thanks for joining us on our journey!
1. 160 Reasons to Stock Coconut Oil in Your Larder – Source: Wake Up World
2. 7 Surprising Reasons Why Americans Aren’t Prepared for What’s Coming – by Todd Walker
3. Six Dangerous Miseducation Lessons You Should Unlearn Immediately – by Todd Walker
4. 3 Healthy Fast Food Meals in Mason Jars – Source: The Organic Prepper
5. 5 Must Do’s Before the National Nipple Runs Dry – by Todd Walker
6. Death of the Nickel: A Hoarding Strategy – Source: LewRockwell.com
7. Top-Ten-List-Of-Not-Famous-Yet-Preparedness-Sites – by Todd Walker
8. Get Your Gut In Shape: Down and Dirty Sauerkraut – by Todd Walker
9. 6 Cold and Flu-Fighting Recipes Your Doctor Probably Didn’t Tell You About
– Source: Caroline Cooper
10. Neighboring Matters: Preparing For Unknown Unknowns – by Todd Walker
Here are even more friends and contributors that add value to the preparedness community and this site:
The key to lasting success is lasting! One more post, one more connection, one more day, one more year. Doing the stuff… one more time!
Any suggestions to improve our site? Please leave your suggestions in the comments or email me.
Follow me on Twitter @SurvivalSherpa and find us on Pinterest if you like.
I think that #2 and #9 are the same above.