by Todd Walker
DiY skills may one day turn a tinkering hobby into life-saving knowledge. Turning book knowledge into useful stuff takes initiative.
You have to start somewhere.
Below you’ll find a slew (33 counts as a slew, right?) of ideas to help you on your journey to self-reliance and preparedness. Most will take only a few minutes and minimal skills. Others require hours and sweat equity. Doers of the Stuff don’t mind. It’s just what we do.
Let’s get started Doing the Stuff:
- Cigar Fishing Kit
- Drinking Straw Sewing Kit
- The 5 Minute Tin Olive Oil Lamp
- Fletching Arrows Duct Tape
- A DIY Fire Bow On Training Wheels
- Get Your Gut In Shape: Down and Dirty Sauerkraut
- Pemmican: Bread of the Wilderness
- Camouflage Your Rifle DIY Style
- Arm Pit Probiotics and DiY Deodorant
- Dirt Road Girl Compost Tumbler
- Rendering Tallow for Cooking and 12 Other Uses
- Camouflaging DiY Rain Barrels for Front Yard Gardens
- Go Herbal: Putting Together Your Go-To Herbal Medicine Kit
- Ollas: Ancient Low Tech and Low Cost Sub-Surface Irrigation System
- DiY Fire Starter in a Drinking Straw
- Todd’s Tomato Ladders: No More Lame Cages
- Do It Yourself Survival – PART 1 – Low Cost DIY Projects for Preppers
- Clever Storage Idea For Old DVD Containers
- Making a “Honey-Do” Bench from a Cedar Tree with Pioneer Tools
- Healthy Household: Homemade Medical Kits
- A DiY Farmhouse Table, DRG’s Grocery Bag, and Chair Planter
- Running on Empty: Siphoning Gas without Sucking
- A DiY Survival Sling Shot with Big Game Capabilities
- Deconstructing My Adjustable Paracord Rifle Sling…Just for You
- Physical Preparedness: Practical Performance for Real-World Survival (Doing the stuff in natures gym)
- Vertical Spine Shelves for Small Spaces
- DiY Pallet Garden Fence and 100 Year Old Windows
- The Dirt on Moving Raised Beds to Full Sun
- Coffee Can Hobo Stove
- HOW TO BUILD A ROCKET STOVE TO IMPRESS THE BOYS 😉
- Lighten Your BOB: Pack The Alpha Tent
- DIY Preparedness: Ed’s Red Bore Cleaner Recipe
- Arming Yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse: How to Build the Ultimate Survival Shotgun
I know y’all have more to add to this list. Drop us a line about your DiY projects and ideas in the comments (with links if you have them) and add value to our community!
Keep doing the stuff,
P.S. – You can also keep up with the Stuff we’re Doing on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, YouTube and Facebook page… and over at the Doing the Stuff Network on Pinterest, Google +, and Facebook.
P.P.S – If you find value in our blog, Dirt Road Girl and I would appreciate your vote on Top Prepper Sites! You can vote daily by clicking here or on the image below. Check out all the other value-adding sites while you’re there…
Thanks for sharing the stuff!
Copyright Information: Content on this site (unless the work of a third-party) may be shared freely in digital form, in part or whole, for non-commercial use with a link back to this site crediting the author. If you are interested a third-party article, please contact the author directly for republishing information.
- “Doing the Stuff” vs Pretending (survivalsherpa.wordpress.com)
- Regular Folk Taking the Doing The Stuff Challenge (survivalsherpa.wordpress.com)
What a great list! Thanks for putting this together! I think I want to try learning to make my own deodorant!