by Todd Walker
Planning your spring outdoor adventure?
Try these skills and projects, even if it’s in your backyard. In fact, your backyard may be the best place to start your journey to outdoor self-reliance.
Burn Stuff (Combustion)
- Flint and Steel
- Fire from One Stick
- Bow Drill Friction Fire
- Practice Making Feather Sticks (short video)
Practice in wet conditions. If it ain’t raining, you ain’t training…
Cut Stuff (Cutting Tool)
Shelter Stuff (Cover)
- Four W’s – what to look for when selecting a campsite
- Make Your Own Oilskin Tarp (waterproof and fireproof)
- Outside the Tent
- More Tarp Setups
- Emergency Shelter in Under 5 Minutes
- Pine Resin
- Wild Edibles: Trout Lily, Ostrich Fern shoots, Milkweed pods, Wood Sorrel, Purslane
Tie Knots and Stuff
- Mountain Man MRE’s – pemmican, jerky, parched corn, and dried fruit
- Smalls – crayfish, minnows, snakes and reptiles
- Coconut Oil – 100’s of uses
Make Outdoor Stuff
- Frog Gig
- Wooden Spoons
- Natural Cordage
- Waterproof Fire Tinder
- Take-down Bow Saw
- Pine Pitch Sticks
- Fixin’ Wax – good for tools and safe for skin
- Char Cloth and More Char Cloth
- Duct Tape Arrow Fletching
- Oil Lamp – quick and easy diy candling device
- Wool Hunting Shirt
- Pace Beads – navigation
Wilderness Self-Reliance Stuff
Let the fun begin! Get out and stay outdoors.
Keep Doing the Stuff of Self-Reliance,
P.S. – You can also keep up with the Stuff we’re Doing on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, YouTube and our Facebook page… and over at the Doing the Stuff Network on Pinterest, Google +, and Facebook.
P.P.S – If you find value in our blog, Dirt Road Girl and I would appreciate your vote on Top Prepper Sites! You can vote daily by clicking here or on the image below. Check out all the other value-adding sites while you’re there…
Thanks for Sharing the Stuff!
Copyright: Content on this site (unless the work of a third-party) may be shared freely in digital form, in part or whole, for non-commercial use with a link back to this site crediting the author. All links in articles must remain intact as originally posted in order to be republished. If you are interested a third-party article, please contact the author directly for republishing information.
Reblogged this on North Carolina Oath Keepers.
G R E A T!!!!